Money Talks #4: Coinbase & the Crypto Economy
Recorded live in Dublin at the BFC EU 2019 conference on DLT and emerging tech, Zeeshan Feroz from Coinbase and Pete Townsend took the stage for a fireside chat on Coinbase's institutional presence, custody as a building block of the crypto economy and crypto regulation.
Our MoneyNeverSleeps co-host Pete Townsend from Norio Ventures and Zeeshan Feroz, CEO of Coinbase in Europe, sat down on October 9th, 2019 at BFC EU 2019 for a half-hour chat on:
- How Coinbase are connecting institutions with the crypto economy
- Trends in institutional crypto and custody as a building block of the crypto economy
- Financial institutions' ongoing acknowledgement that the backbone of the financial system is changing
- The infrastructure to support the widespread institutional adoption of digital assets
- Engaging with regulators, welcoming crypto regulation and operating as a qualified custodian of digital assets
Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world.
- Imagine if every payment in the world was as fast, cheap, and global as sending an email.
- Imagine if anyone who had an idea for a product could have customers all over the world from day one.
- Imagine if anyone with a smartphone had access to the same financial services we enjoy in the developed world.
Finally, we'd like to extend our thanks to Hannah Kitchen and Dean Murphy at Fintech Network for sharing the audio track of Zeeshan and Pete's chat so that we could create this episode!