Amor Sexton is Head of International Operations for Blockdaemon, the leading independent blockchain node infrastructure to stake, scale, and deploy nodes with institutional-grade security and monitoring. Amor is an experienced global leader with extensive commercial, legal and operational experience, and a diverse background that includes operations, strategy and commercialization, marketing and communications, regulatory and legal, and design and delivery of enterprise-grade products and solutions.
This episode of MoneyNeverSleeps is sponsored by SecuriCentrix. SecuriCentrix is a trusted cyber security company with offices in Dublin, Cape Town and London. SecuriCentrix provides expert advisory services, primarily in the finance and fintech industries, with tailored security solutions to fit your specific needs and regulatory challenges.
In this episode, Amor and Pete Townsend talk through her path into blockchain that led her to Blockdaemon, and also dive into:
- How her legal experience and time working in innovation, technology and financial services gave her the horizontal view of what it takes to run a business, especially in the crypto and blockchain space.
- The unexpected legal parallels between bitcoin and native tribal fishing rights in Australia and the trigger for Amor’s entry point into crypto and blockchain.
- Amidst all of the noise and the hype, how the simplicity of providing an easier way for people to participate in networks enables web3 ecosystem growth.
- How the institutional infrastructure space in crypto and blockchain and institutional client expectations of resilient internal processes and practices can help drive overall blockchain adoption.
- How the incredibly complex network upgrade that was the Ethereum Merge proved that a decentralized network can operate at scale.
- How Amor’s insatiable curiosity, her tendency to think around corners, join abstract dots and break down a problem into its individual components have impacted her ability to adapt to such a broad range of activities in business..
- How expressing yourself in such a way that is attuned to your audience brings people along with you for the journey, whether it be a colleague or a client you’re trying to win.
- Amor’s creative outlet and how to wind down after a 12-13 hour day by cooking for family and friends.
Connect with Amor Sexton and learn more about Blockdaemon
Follow Blockdaemon on Twitter
Episode title inspired by Express Yourself by N.W.A.
Leave a review and subscribe on Podchaser | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google | Overcast
Check out our MoneyNeverSleeps website
Follow MoneyNeverSleeps on Twitter
Follow Eoin Fitzgerald on Twitter
Follow Pete Townsend on Twitter
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/moneyneversleeps/support